Rejected Payments Auto-Processing
A new feature has been added to the Invoices section of SIMPLer platform that will allow Operators to process EFT Bounce / Rejected Payments files as received from the bank and apply it automatically to Lodgements / Bank Deposits. The feature is located on the Invoices tab in the section "Rejected Payments Auto-Processing".
Fig. 1: Rejected Payments Auto-Processing
To automatically process the payment rejections file the operator needs to:
- select the 'File Format' from the dropdown menu that matches the file as received from the bank. Currently the following are supported:
- SEPA PAIN.002 XML format - this format is widely used in Europe - wherever SEPA is used.
- select the file that is to be processed
- click on the 'Upload File' button
Fig. 2: File Selection
SIMPLer will process the file and show one or two of the following result tables:
- Rejected Payments matched in database - this table will list all rejected payments for which a respective Lodgement/Bank Deposit position was found. If this is the only table that is listed it is most probably safe to proceed and click on 'Apply Rejections' button - which will update the payment position in database respectively. Operator can choose to process a subset of rejections by selecting the checkbox.
- Non matched Rejections - this table will list rejected payments for which no outstanding payment was found in the database. There will be a reason listed in the table for each position that might help identify why was the position not matched
Note: It is strongly advised to review the 'Not matched Rejections' section and proceed with 'Applying Rejections' only if these are acceptable (i.e. some rejections were applied by hand before processing the file, or a subset of transactions was processed in an earlier run)
Fig. 3: Apply Rejections
Once processed (i.e. 'Apply Rejections' button is clicked) - the changes will be made permanently in the database and a final status screen will be displayed.
Fig. 4: Summary