2010-1Q: SIMPLer: Migrate Customer Account to another database
Instructions: From your master portal you can search across your databases for various types of information. As per Fig. 1-1. you can choose a Search Type "Migrate Customer" and perform the migration from here.
You will also see from Fig.1-2. that you can choose:
- which instance you wish to migrate to from the drop-down menu and
- what exactly you want to search for typing it in the box "Search"
Once you change this and press "View List / Search", you will be able to see the results for your search - see Fig. 1-3. After choosing a customer you want to be migrated, you will need to change the instance it is in from its current instance to the one you want - see Fig. 1-4. Then you will be presented with a pop up window asking to confirm that you wish to perform this task - see Fig 1-5. In the end you will be moved to the page informing if the migrating was successful or not - Fig. 1-6.
Please review the migration summary below for further understanding on what is addressed by the migration and what may need to be changed on your side.
Fig. 1-1. Migrate customers
Fig. 1-2. Instances and Search
Fig. 1-3. Migrate Search results
Fig. 1-4. Customer to be migrated
Fig. 1-5. Confirmation
Fig. 1-6. Page informing if the migrating was successful or not
- Customer Account - is copied across to destination database. The account in the source database will be set to 'migrated' status with a comment in the status and notes pointing at where the account was moved to. After moving the customer account a gateway and a bucket will need to be assigned. The customer's equipment may also have to be re-provisioned.
- Overage Allowance - Overage Allowance is copied across to the destination database.
- External FTP Accounts - FTP accounts are copied across to the destination database.
- External Email Accounts - Email accounts are copied across to the destination database.
- VoIP accounts - VoIP accounts are copied across to the destination database. VoIP details are left on the source database for billing reference.
- Maintenance Issues - Every maintenance Issue is moved from the source database to the destination database so that there are no Maintenance Issue left in the Source Database. Installer Trackings and Installer tables are updated if required.
- Billing Issues - Every Billing Issue is moved from the source database to the destination database so that there are no Billing Issue left in the Source Database.
- Sales Opportunities - Every Sales Opportunity is moved from the source database to the destination database so that there is no Sales Opportunities left in the Source Database. Salesman Trackings, Salesman, Master Agent, Value Added Reseller, and Regional Sales Manager tables are updated if required.
- IP Details - All IP addresses will be migrated across exactly as they are. IPs may have to be updated though is the customer has moved behind a different WIB.
- Invoices - Invoices will NOT be migrated as this would have a serious impact on financial figures for the instances. Instead, in the destination database, the 'next invoice date' will be calculated to match the source database.
- Subscriptions - All subscriptions will be migrated to the destination database. Products, tax zones, tax rates will also be updated if required. The system makes sure the final subscription will have the same price etc as the source account even if the destination product has a different price while but the same code, name, etc. The subscription details in the source database will remain intact as the migrated customer will be put in 'migrated' status (hence that account will no longer be invoiced).
- Prepayments - Only the unused amount of prepayments will be transfered to the new database with the current date. This amount is also counterbalanced in the source database with a 'minus' prepayment.
- Credits - Only the unused amount of credits will be transfered to the new database with the current date. This amount is also counterbalanced in the source database with a 'minus' credit.
- CPE - all customer equipment is copied over to the destination database and assigned to the customer account. Old equipment is left untouched in the source database.
- Synchronising Usage - graphs are not being migrated over, though the total usage for the month is being migrated so that the SAND system works properly.
Azotel | River House | Blackpool Park | Cork | Ireland
US +1-312-239-0680 | IE +353-21-234-8100 | UK +44-207-193-4170 | SA +27-11-083-6900