2010-3Q: SIMPLer: Ability to Add Files to Customer Record
A new feature has been added that allows a SIMPLer user to attach files to customer account. Below is a basic guideline on how to set up and use the feature.
1) Files are stored on an external FTP server provided by the Operator. The details are to be specified on the Global WISP Settings page (Settings - Modify WISP) (near the bottom):
Fig. 1: Settings - Modify WISP
2) User access rights for customer attachments can be managed for individual user under the "users" tab:
3) Once the FTP server details are provided and "access" right is granted for a user, a new section, "Last 5 Attachments", will appear on the Customer Details page. Below is a sample with five attachments listed:
4) Click "all.." to manage Customer Attachments. Click "Add" to upload new files.
5) Click "Browse" to select the file that should be attached. Enter a description and select the appropriate access rights required. Finally click "Add" in order to upload the new file:
6) After clicking "Add" the attachment will be uploaded to the FTP server and associated with customer record in SIMPLer.
Attachment can be downloaded by clicking the red arrow button on either the attachments page or the customer details page below:
7) The attachment added in this walkthrough has been classified as "billing information". This means that it will not be accessible or visible for users without "billing information" rights:
The FTP server is provided and administered by the operator, not by Azotel. This means that all issues relating to issues such as setup of the FTP server, ensuring adequate free space is available, backup of the data, data retention etc., are the responsibility of the operator.