2017-4Q: SIMPLer: Time To Live Configuration
Some new features have been added to SIMPLer to assist operators to remove certain customer data after a desired length of time.
A new section has been added to the SETTINGS tab in SIMPLer. The section is shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. 1: Settings Tab
This section is driven by user rights on the user account.
By clicking on the “Time to Live” button shown in Fig. 2 the user can access the Time to Live Settings page.
Fig. 2: Time to Live Settings
By clicking on “Add Blank Row” as shown in Fig. 3 you can add a module.
Fig. 3: Add TTL Module
The modules currently available are listed below, and the number of modules available will increase over time.
1. Invoices: Allows operator to determine how many days old an invoice should be before being deleted. Please note that operators must review their legal requirements to hold on to financial information before deciding on the value to enter to this field.
2. Winbits: Allows operators to define after how many days a winbits file (direct debit file) should be deleted.
If for example, as in Fig.4, the invoices and winbits files are set to be deleted after 2000 days, the operator must also schedule a script to run through and scan for invoices / winbits files that are ready for deletion.
Fig. 4: TTL Scripts
These automated scripts are configured on the Settings tab in SIMPLer in the section called “Cron Jobs” that is shown in Fig. 5.
Fig. 5: Settings – Cron Jobs
Click “Add Blank Row” to add an entry to this table.
Fig. 6: Cron Jobs – Add Blank Row
1. Choose the script name from the drop-down menu.
2. Choose the hour and minute it should run at, for example for 4am please select “4” in the Hour section and “0” in the Minute section.
3. Choose the day of the month the script should run. For daily please leave “Every day” in the from and to section. For only on a specified day of the month such as the 12th please enter “12” to “12”.
4. If you do not wish to run the script every month please choose specific months from the month drop-down.
5. If you do not wish to run the script every day of the week please choose specific weekdays from the weekday drop-down.
6. In the “optional” section please determine the module you wish to run, i.e invoices or winbits, specify which email address the results should be sent to and specify if the script should run in test mode or not.
Fig. 7: Cron Jobs – Configuration
When the script is run in test mode, an email will be sent to the address specified in Fig. 7 to show which files would be deleted.
If the live mode runs the files will be quarantined for 30 days before being fully deleted.