2017-1Q: SIMPLer: Daily Throttling
A new feature has been added to the system that allows the Operators to throttle customers at a certain level on a daily basis. The Operator has an option to define a daily traffic limit per customer and if the customer exceeds their limit they will be throttled down to the specific speeds (defined under bucket settings) until end of the day.
In order to enable the feature one has to go to Settings -> Cronjobs and enable the following script: "Daily Throttling": (See Fig. 1).
Fig. 1: Daily Throttling
It is recommended to run it every 10 or 15 minutes so throttling / unthrottling happens as soon as possible.
There is one option called "Send Method":
- No email - Email will not be sent when a customer is throttled.
- Email Customer - The customer will get an email to the email address specified under "Email" field of their record, informing them they have been throttled.
- Send Only To Operator - Only the operator will receive the notification (to the email address specified under operator "Email" field of the Settings - Modify WISP page)
In order to use the "Send Method" feature the following customization must be made. Under WISP Settings (Settings - Modify WISP) in the Operator Email section please specify the following email type: "customer_daily_cap".
Fig. 2: Operator Emails
The below variables can be used:
The following needs to be set in order to make use of the feature:
- Buckets must have throttling enabled (either by setting the throttling percentage for WIB networks or setting the flag from No to Yes and adding appropriate "throttled" type RADIUS group.
Fig. 3: Throttled Buckets
- The product that customer is subscribed to must have the "Daily Traffic Limit" set or is is set up (overwritten) under Customer Network Details.
Fig. 4: Daily Traffic Allowance