2014-3Q (v001): Enhancements to Customer Grouping
Some new enhancements were made to the grouping feature (See here for the original feature details) in SIMPLer.
1) It is not an option to pull financial reports by customer group. See the Invoices - Totals Reports section in SIMPLer, and fig. 1-2 for more details.
Fig. 1-1: Grouping on Totals Reports
2) Similarly, the aged debtor report can be narrowed down by customer group. See Invoices - Aged Debtor Report, and fig. 2-1 for more details.
Fig. 2-1: Groups on the Aged Debtor Report
3) It is now possible to customize a separate "default" setting for each group in SIMPLer.
a) Visit Settings - Groups.
b) Click on the Settings button beside the group you would like to customize. (See Fig. 3-1 for location)
Fig. 3-1: Group Settings.
c) The following Settings can be customized for these groups. Remember to click "Update" if you make any changes. The "Default" option means that the group will follow the same settings as set globally for all customers under Settings - Modify WISP.
- Specify how this type of customer will be charged when purchasing extra data on the End User Portal. (See Fig. 3-1)
- Decide how the settings will be for when a customer receives notifications/gets disconnected once an invoice is overdue. (See Fig. 3-3)
- Decide how the settings will be for when a customer receives notifications/gets disconnected once they have exceeded their traffic limit. (See Fig. 3-4)
- Customize the emails that go out to this group of customers. See here for a full list of variables and instructions on customizing emails. (See Fig. 3-5)
Fig. 3-2: EUP - Purchase Data Options
Fig. 3-3: Invoice Based SAND Options
Fig. 3-4: Traffic Limit Based SAND Settings
Fig. 3-5: Email Customization
d) Make sure to click on "Update" once you have made any changes. Customers can be assigned to the various groups on the General Tab of their account. (See Fig. 3-6).
Fig. 3-6: Customer Group Location on Subscriber Record
Azotel | River House | Blackpool Park | Cork | Ireland
US +1-312-239-0680 | IE +353-21-234-8100 | UK +44-207-193-4170 | SA +27-11-083-6900